Frequently Asked Questions
- What is The Rock Boat XVIII?
- What is Anchor Down?
- How can I participate in the pre-sale?
- What is the Lineup Guarantee?
- How is the booking order determined during the pre-sale?
- What is the official cancellation policy?
- What is a Sixthman Username?
- What type of identification will I need to board the ship?
- Can Sixthman book my hotel, airfare, rental car or shuttles?
- Who is Sixthman?
- When should I plan to arrive and depart from New Orleans?
- How do I get to the Port of New Orleans?
What is The Rock Boat XVIII?
Ahhh . . . to be eighteen: The age of excitement, zest for life, and an uncertain but adventurous outlook for the future. The Rock Boat’s coming of age saga continues. We’ve already gone to camp and gotten our drivers license . . . now it’s time for college! We’re happy to announce your acceptance into Rock Boat University! Your parents would be so proud. Keep an eye here for more details on how to officially enroll in The Rock Boat XVIII: sailing January 30 - February 4, 2018 from New Orleans on Norwegian Pearl!
What is Anchor Down?
If you sailed on The Rock Boat in 2017, Anchor Down is a way for you to raise your hand NOW to say, “I’m in,” by putting down a refundable deposit of $199 before we even go on sale!
Your deposit will be stored in your profile and will apply toward your reservation on The Rock Boat XVIII – sailing from New Orleans in 2018 onboard Norwegian Pearl. More details (oh . . . you want to know about bands?) including your earliest booking time for the pre-sale will be sent via email.
What is the advantage of Anchor Down?
Each guest who puts down a $199 Anchor Down deposit before 11:59pm ET on March 1st, 2017 will receive an exclusive TRB XVIII T-shirt. Anchoring down will not change your booking order for the TRB XVIII pre-sale, but guests who anchor down will have the money set aside and ready to go when it is their turn to book!
How do I Anchor Down?
Log in here and submit your payment!
Will I lose my alumni status if I do not Anchor Down?
No, you will retain your alumni status and booking order will be determined using the same process as this year.
Things to Note:
- Anchoring Down with a deposit does NOT mean you are booked on the cruise. You must still place your reservation by booking a cabin during the pre-sale in order to guarantee your spot.
- Your $199 deposit is 100% refundable should you choose not to place a reservation. Any deposit not applied toward a reservation will be refunded back to your original card after June 10th, 2017
- A $199 deposit is required for EACH guest that wishes to receive an Anchor Down t-shirt
- This deposit is not transferable to another guest
How can I participate in the pre-sale?
Getting involved in the pre-sale is easy! Register at therockboat.com/presale.
Registering for the pre-sale is like virtually saying "I've got to be on this party ship!" Those who register will be emailed an Earliest Booking Time after full festival details are announced. You can book a cabin at or after your Earliest Booking Time, before we go on sale to the general public.
Please Note: Being a part of the pre-sale does not guarantee that cabins will be left for purchase when it’s your time to book.
What is the Lineup Guarantee?
The lineup is off to a great start, and there’s much more to come. We’ll add additional artists over the coming months with a focus on acts new to The Rock Boat. In order to give you more time to fully commit, our "Lineup Guarantee" is in place so you may cancel anytime before June 10, 2017, and receive a full refund!
(Please note: We can refund the insurance premium purchased through Sixthman. However, we will not be able to refund any costs for airfare, hotels, or other costs incurred but not purchased through Sixthman.)
How is the booking order determined during the pre-sale?
The Rock Boat 2017 alumni will be given the first chance to book. This group was automatically assigned and emailed an Earliest Booking Time. Earliest Booking Times are assigned in order, sorted by most times on The Rock Boat, then by order of booking last year. Note that Earliest Booking Times will be spread throughout several days so that we may provide you the best possible guest service experience as you make your reservation. You will have FEWER people in front of you this year, even if you have to wait longer for your Earliest Booking Time to become active.
Alumni that missed The Rock Boat 2017 are next. This group must register for the pre-sale and booking order is determined by number of The Rock Boat sailings, number of Sixthman events, most recent year, then by order of booking for their most recent The Rock Boat.
The Rock Boat 2017 Waiting List guests who did not sail and The Rock Boat 2017 Cancelled Guests will be given a chance to book next. This group must register for the pre-sale and booking order is determined by the date you booked your cancelled 2017 reservation or waiting list entry.
New The Rock Boat guests who register for the pre-sale are the final group to be included. This group is randomized before earliest booking times are assigned. Note that there will be multiple groups of new guests - those who sign up before the initial deadline and then those who sign up after.
Once the pre-sale ends, the general public will be able to book.
Please Note: Being a part of the pre-sale does not guarantee that cabins will be left for purchase when it’s your time to book.
What is the official cancellation policy?
ALL DEPOSITS AND PAYMENTS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. If you wish to protect your investment, we strongly recommend the purchase of travel insurance. We've teamed up with Travel Insured to offer two levels of insurance: a standard insurance policy and a 50% Cancel for Any Reason add-on policy.
- Travel Insured's standard policy will reimburse cancellations at 100% of monies paid for covered cancellation reasons.*
- Travel Insured's Cancel For Any Reason add-on policy will reimburse up to 50% of monies paid when cancelling for any reason not covered by the standard policy when cancelled at least 48 hours prior to sailing.*
*To review both insurance coverage policy details, please click here. If you have cruise insurance and need to cancel for a covered condition, you can make a claim with Travel Insured to recover any lost payments.
What is a Sixthman Username?
Each guest needs a Sixthman Username to create, manage, or be added to a reservation. Create your username while registering for the pre-sale.
If you have traveled with Sixthman previously or signed up for the The Rock Boat XVIII Pre-Sale, you have a username and will not need to create one. If you don't know your username, you can recover it here. You can also contact us and we will be happy to look it up for you (try our live chat feature or call us at 877-379-9173).
Use your Sixthman Username to login throughout the year to update your personal information, make payments, add guests, or make changes to your reservation. To manage your reservation, sign in using your Sixthman Username here.
What type of identification will I need to board the ship?
At time of booking, you acknowledge that the laws that regulate the necessary travel documentation are subject to change and that it is your responsibility to be aware of what is required for travel.
View the latest information from Norwegian at www.ncl.com/traveldocs. Below are recommendations based on the current U.S. government policy. This information could be updated without notice.
Please note that the name on your ticket must match the name on your passport or you will need to provide an original copy of proof of change of name (marriage license, etc).
Sixthman highly recommends all guests travel with a passport valid for at least six months beyond completion of travel. Although a passport is not required for U.S. citizens taking cruises that begin & end in the same U.S. port, travelling with a passport enhances your disembarkation experience, as delays may be expected upon your return to the U.S. if you do not have one. Additionally, passports make it easier for you to fly from the U.S. to a foreign port should you miss your scheduled port of embarkation, or need to fly back to the U.S. for emergency reasons. If you do not have a passport you can use an original or suitable quality copy of a Birth Certificate as listed below.
The Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) allows U.S. citizens (including children) sailing on cruises that begin and end in the same U.S. port to travel with one of the following WHTI compliant document:
- Valid U.S. Passport
- Passport Card
- Enhanced Driver's License (EDL)
- Original or state certified copy of a Birth Certificate*
- Certificate of Naturalization*
- Trusted Traveler Program Membership Card, e.g., Nexus Card, Sentri Card or Fast Card*
*A government-issued photo ID is also required for all guests, including children 16 and over. For more information, a complete list of WHTI-compliant documents or to obtain a passport application, visit www.travel.state.gov.
For more information or to obtain a passport application, visit www.travel.state.gov.
All guests must carry a valid passport, and if necessary, a multiple entry visa is required for entry into the United States (i.e. B-2 Visitors Visa), or a visa waiver. Please be sure to check with the proper agencies and authorities (such as your local immigration office) before you sail because we can't board you without the proper documents. Travelers from the 38 Visa Waiver Program (VWP) countries* must have a machine-readable passport to enter the U.S. without a visa. All VWP travelers are required to obtain an electronic travel authorization prior to boarding a carrier to travel by air or sea to the U.S. under the VWP.
*ANDORRA, AUSTRALIA, AUSTRIA, BELGIUM, BRUNEI, CHILE, CZECH REPUBLIC, DENMARK, ESTONIA, FINLAND, FRANCE, GERMANY, GREECE, HUNGARY, ICELAND, IRELAND, ITALY, JAPAN, LATVIA, LIECHTENSTEIN, LITHUANIA, LUXEMBOURG, MALTA, MONACO, NETHERLANDS, NEW ZEALAND, NORWAY, PORTUGAL, REP. OF KOREA , SAN MARINO, SINGAPORE, SLOVAKIA, SLOVENIA, SPAIN, SWEDEN, SWITZERLAND, TAIWAN and UNITED KINGDOM.
If you are not a US Citizen and are uncertain that you have the correct documentation please call US Immigrations at 1-800-375-5283 to be sure your identification will be satisfactory.
Alien Residents of the United States holding an Alien Registration Card (ARC or "Green Card") (Form I-551) may travel to Canada, Mexico, Bermuda (see Visa Restrictions on Bermuda) and the Caribbean with just their valid ARC and Proof of Identity. However, it is recommended that these guests also carry their passports from their country of citizenship if available. In some instances, ARC holders may still be required to have sailing permits and/or visas to enter countries Norwegian Cruise Line visits in these areas. Please note that travel anywhere else in the world requires a valid passport from the country you are a citizen of and subsequently subjects you to any documentation, visa and health requirements of all countries visited.
What if I do not have proper identification?
There is no Jedi Mind Trick around this, you MUST have proper identification to be permitted to board the ship. If you arrive at port without proper identification, while Sixthman will assist you in contacting the appropriate agencies, we cannot guarantee that you can successfully attain proper identification from the port, and this may result in being denied boarding without compensation. And this makes us sad.
Can Sixthman book my hotel, airfare, rental car or shuttles?
We realize that your vacation begins the moment you book your cabins and we wish we could look after your entire journey. However, the only part of your trip we can truly impact is the part that happens when you step on the ship. In years past, we have tried to manage the experience with hotels, airlines, rental cars, shuttles and we just can’t get them to care like we do. We will collect as much data as we can and refer you to hotels, airlines, rental cars, and shuttles so that you can make your own choice. We will see you on the ship and put our energy into making it the greatest vacation you have ever had!
Who is Sixthman?
Sixthman, headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, creates music festivals at sea designed to set the stage for moments that make life rock! Since 2001, they've been pioneering themed cruise experiences for bands, brands, and their fans and are proud to be celebrating their 15th year and the accomplishment of executing 100 full ship charters, hosting over 200,000 guests for over 815,000 days on vacation at sea with world class artists and brand partners such as KISS, Kid Rock, John Mayer, Zac Brown Band, Train, Florida Georgia Line, Paramore, Diplo, Joe Bonamassa, Lynyrd Skynyrd, 311, Alabama, Lyle Lovett, Barenaked Ladies, Sister Hazel, Turner Classic Movies, VH1, along with engaging festivals such as The Rock Boat and Cayamo.
Sixthman can be reached at 1-877-379-9173 or at sixthman.net/contact.
When should I plan to arrive and depart from New Orleans?
When booking flights we recommend that you arrive in New Orleans no later than 12:00pm. Return flights should be arranged to leave New Orleans after 12:00pm on February 4nd.
**Please allow additional time for customs clearance for international flights.
How do I get to the Port of New Orleans?
Taxicabs are available at all cruise terminals. The fare between the MSY and Port of New Orleans is a flat rate of $36 for 1-2 guests. For parties of more than two, cost is $15 per person.
Norwegian Shuttle Transfers
NCL offers shuttle service from Louis Armstrong International Airport (MSY) to the port, as well as return shuttle service. These transfers can be purchased after you have received your reservation number (approximately 4 weeks prior to sailing). Transfers reserved in advance up until the day prior to sailing be purchased for $25 per person each way from MSY.
For more information about Norwegian Shuttle Transfers, please call their Reservations Department at 800-327-7030. You'll need to make sure to have your reservation number and flight information available to purchase the transfers.
Parking for Erato St. Cruise Terminal
- The Erato Parking Garage entrance, located on top of terminal, is a circular ramp that you will see as you approach the building.
- On the first floor of the garage (3rd floor of the terminal building) you will be directed to the offloading area. SeaCaps will take your checked baggage and deliver them directly to the ship.
- After parking, take the elevator to the second floor check in and waiting area.
- Parking costs $20 per day. Please have your cruise tickets available. You must show them to enter the garage.
- Maximum height is 8' 4" (limited space) on 3rd floor and 7' 6" on higher floors, and maximum 22 feet in length. Garage is secured, lighted and patrolled.
Parking for Julia St. Cruise Terminal
- Once entering Port of New Orleans Place, proceed past the Erato Street Terminal to Julia Street.
- You will be directed to the Julia St Terminal drop-off area where SeaCaps will assist you with your luggage.
- You will then be directed to the parking lot located next to the cruise terminal.
- Parking costs $20 per day. The parking lot is a within a block of the terminal, but shuttle service is provided if needed. Parking lot is secured, lighted and patrolled.
Oversized vehicles, RVs and Buses
- Oversized vehicles may use the Poydras Street parking lot which is next to the Julia St. Cruise Terminal.
- Use same directions as Erato/Julia terminals.
- Offload all luggage at the appropriate terminal (Erato or Julia).
- After offloading all luggage and passengers, the driver should proceed past the Erato and Julia terminals and turn right at the Poydras Street Parking Lot.
- A shuttle is available back to the Erato Street Cruise Terminal and the oversized lot is a short walk to the Julia Terminal.
- Parking for oversized vehicles is $40 per day.
- Reservation required. Please call Mr. Mustafa Yucesoy at 504-609-9559 for a reservation. Lot is secure, lighted and patrolled