The Rock Boat XVIII is currently full. If we have cancelations prior to departure (which we often do), we will fill those rooms via our Waiting List.
When signing up for the waiting list, you will be asked what type of cabin you want (interior, ocean view, balcony, suite).
A $199 deposit per cabin is required at the time of joining the waiting list. This deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE, except in the event we do not have a cabin for you before December 5, 2017. This means that after December 5, 2017 you may request a refund of your deposit if we have not accommodated your cabin request, but you will forfeit your deposit if you decide to take yourself off the list before that time.
After December 5, 2017 we will send an email to everyone still on the waiting list asking if they would like to remain on it. If you would like to take yourself off of the waiting list at that time, you may do so and receive a check for the full refund of your deposit. If you choose to stay on the waiting list past December 5, 2017, and we cannot accommodate your stateroom request before the cruise sails, we will automatically refund your deposit a few weeks after sailing.
FIRST AVAILABLE - If you chose “First Available – Waiting List First Available”, you are committing to take any type of stateroom that may come available, including suites.
Ahhh . . . to be eighteen: The age of excitement, zest for life, and an uncertain but adventurous outlook for the future. The Rock Boat’s coming of age saga continues. We’ve already gone to camp and gotten our drivers license . . . now it’s time for college! We’re happy to announce your acceptance into Rock Boat University! Your parents would be so proud. It's time to officially enroll in The Rock Boat XVIII: sailing January 30 - February 4, 2018 from New Orleans to Progreso & Cozumel, Mexico on Norwegian Pearl!
Your hosts Sister Hazel are bringing some of your favorite artists including Barenaked Ladies, NEEDTOBREATHE, Will Hoge and more along for this adventure. Keep the Freshman 15 at bay by dancing into the wee hours of the morning. With theme nights and onboard activities galore to round out your TRB education, you're sure to pass with flying colors. Grab your friends and make it an early decision by joining the pre-sale!
In addition to admission to all cruise concerts, the price of your room also includes:
- Round trip cruise from Port of New Orleans to Progreso & Cozumel, Mexico.
- All meals (there's gourmet fare in the formal dining rooms, casual indoor and outdoor grills open for meals throughout the day).
- Non-carbonated beverages (i.e. tea, juices, coffee).
- Use of the ship's beautiful pool and hot tubs* (all with plenty of deck space to enjoy a cocktail and some great music).
- Use of the Norwegian Pearl's amenities such as: casino, health and fitness center, full-size sports court, video arcade, and more.
- Norwegian's Youth Program facilities and activities if you're bringing children.**
- Taxes, port charges and ticketing are added at check-out and pre-paid by you ($235.00 per person).
* Due to stage placement and weather conditions, some pools and hot tubs may be closed for safety during the cruise.
**From time to time, adjustments are made to children’s program hours and locations as required by our scheduled activities.
Not included are:
- Gratuities (vary from $13.99-$16.99 per person, per day based on cabin selection as shown here.)
- Alcoholic beverages. (Learn more about the various alcohol packages available for purchase along with onboard beverage savings just for The Rock Boat XVIII guests.)
- Soft drinks & bottled water. (However, packages are available for a low price.)
- While many restaurants on board are FREE, some Specialty Restaurants you choose to go to require a cover charge. (Pricing for each can be found here.)
- $7.95 Room Service Convenience charge.
- Any meals, events or tours in the port.
- Pre-cruise or post-cruise hotels - see our Hotels page for details.
- Ground transportation.
- Travel insurance (available through Sixthman).
The lineup is off to a great start, and there’s much more to come. We’ll add additional artists over the coming months with a focus on acts new to The Rock Boat. In order to give you more time to fully commit, our "Lineup Guarantee" is in place so you may cancel anytime before July 7, 2017, and receive a full refund! After that, all cancelations are subject to our 100% non-refundable cancelation policy and line up changes after July 7, 2017 do not make guests eligible for refunds or compensation.
(Please note: We can refund the insurance premium purchased through Sixthman. However, we will not be able to refund any costs for airfare, hotels, or other costs incurred but not purchased through Sixthman.)
For guests who sailed on The Rock Boat in 2017, Anchor Down was a way for them to say, “I’m in,” by putting down a refundable deposit of $199 before we went on sale.
Anchor down deposits are stored in your Sixthman profile and will apply toward your reservation on The Rock Boat XVIII.
What is the advantage of Anchor Down?
Each guest who placed a $199 Anchor Down deposit before 11:59pm ET on March 1st, 2017 will receive an exclusive TRB XVIII T-shirt. Anchoring down will not change your booking order for the TRB XVIII pre-sale, but guests who anchor down will have the money set aside and ready to go when it is their turn to book!
Will I lose my alumni status if I do not Anchor Down?
No, you will retain your alumni status and booking order will be determined using the same process as this year.
Things to Note:
- Anchoring Down with a deposit does NOT mean you are booked on the cruise. You must still place your reservation by booking a cabin during the pre-sale in order to guarantee your spot.
- Your $199 deposit is 100% refundable should you choose not to place a reservation. Any deposit not applied toward a reservation will be refunded back to your original card after July 7, 2017.
- A $199 deposit is required for EACH guest that wishes to receive an Anchor Down t-shirt.
- This deposit is not transferable to another guest.
Booking your stateroom is easy! You can book online at therockboat.com/booknow, or over the phone by calling 877-379-9173.
PLEASE NOTE! Lead Passengers, if you or your guest(s) needs a Sixthman Username you can create one while booking. If you and your guest have Sixthman Usernames, have your guest add you as an Approved Lead Passenger in their account. You'll then see your guest in Your Authorized Guests list and you'll be able to add them as a guest in your cabin while booking!
Anyone who has traveled with Sixthman previously has a username and will not need to create one. If you don't know your login credentials, you can recover them here.
Stateroom Selection: During booking you will select your desired stateroom category and occupancy, so check out the pricing page. You will select your exact room assignment, so also check out the Norwegian Pearl’s deck plans.
Sixthman Usernames: You'll need to login with (or create) a Sixthman Username to book. If you've traveled with Sixthman previously or signed up for the The Rock Boat XVIII Pre-Sale you have a username. Recover forgotten login credentials here, or contact us or try our live chat for immediate assistance. If you or a guest needs a Sixthman Username you can create one while booking.
Guest Permissions: If you were a Lead Passenger on a prior event and are sailing with the same guests, your guests will be in a dropdown list for you to add to your stateroom. If you're sailing with someone who has a Sixthman Username but has NOT sailed with you previously, have your guests login to their Sixthman profile and add your username to their 'Approved Lead Passengers' list in the 'Guest Permissions' section. They'll then be on the dropdown list for you while booking.
Naming Guests: You can add your guests later but fees may apply. See "Can I make changes to my booking?" here for more details. You are obligated for the full cruise fare of the occupancy level you select during the reservation process even if you do not add guests to fill your entire stateroom. If you wish to add guests beyond the capacity of the occupancy level you select during the reservation process you may do so based on availability for the additional cruise fare associated with the transaction.
Credit Card Payment: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express are all accepted. If you are paying with multiple credit cards, you will need all of the credit card numbers (with expiration date and card verification number) as well as the name and billing address for each card.
To let someone add you to their reservation, you'll need to have a Sixthman Username and add your lead passenger to Your Approved Lead Passengers list. Create a Sixthman profile here, or login to your existing profile. Then, in the Guest Permissions section, click the "Add New Lead Passenger" button and enter your lead passenger's username. Once you save it, they'll appear in Your Approved Lead Passengers list. You're all set, the lead passenger can now add you as a guest in their stateroom!
Each guest needs a Sixthman Username to create, manage, or be added to a reservation. Click here to create your Sixthman Username.
If you have traveled with Sixthman previously or signed up for the The Rock Boat XVIII Pre-Sale, you have a username and will not need to create one. If you don't know your username, you can recover it here. You can also contact us and we will be happy to look it up for you (try our live chat feature or call us at 877-379-9173).
Use your Sixthman Username to login throughout the year to update your personal information, make payments, add guests, or make changes to your reservation. To manage your reservation, sign in using your Sixthman Username here.
Sixthman offers you a leading travel insurance plan through our partnership with Travel Insured International. Travel Insured specializes in providing quality coverage and superior customer care and claim service to our Sixthman guests. When you add our plan to your trip, you protect yourself from your policy's effective date through your return home. Your prepaid trip costs are protected against Trip Cancellation or Interruption due to an unforeseen accident or illness to you, your traveling companion or a family member. You also receive Emergency Medical Protection, Baggage Protection, Travel Accident Protection and Worldwide Emergency Travel Assistance available 24/7 during your trip.
Remember that sometimes unwelcome events occur to disrupt great trips:
- You are protected, up to full trip cost, if bad weather causes your common carrier to cease operating for 24 hours or more.
- Illness or injury to you or a traveling companion or immediate family member causing you to cancel or interrupt your trip.
- Missed Connection coverage can pay your expenses (up to $500) to rejoin the cruise or tour when you miss the departure due to a three-hour or more flight delay.
- Emergency Medical Expense covers you if you need treatment in a foreign hospital for a sudden illness or accident. We guarantee your admission!
- Trip Cancellation can cover terrorist events, a job layoff (if employed for 1 or more year) or jury duty.*
- Assistance will be there if you lose medications or a passport, or need help canceling lost credit cards.
This coverage must be purchased before your final payment due date. Coverage for all benefits except trip cancellation will begin on the departure date. The trip cancellation benefit will begin at 12:01 AM on the day after Travel Insured receives your application. For pre-existing conditions to be covered you need to purchase Insurance within 21 days of your deposit (other restrictions apply).
Travel Insured also offers Cancel For Any Reason 50% Protection. The Cancel for Any Reason option is only available when specifically requested on the original application and the appropriate premium has been paid. The Cancel For Any Reason benefit must be purchased within 21 days of your initial trip deposit. This benefit allows the insured to receive a refund of up to 50% of covered trip costs on reservations cancelled up to 48 hours prior to departure for any reason outside of the covered circumstances.
This is a summary only containing highlights of the plan. Download an Insurance PDF for complete terms, conditions and exclusions that apply. Please Note: Residents of Georgia, Kansas, Louisiana, Minnesota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Texas and Washington have separate Certificates of Insurance in compliance with state requirements.
We know you might have questions about what is and is not covered so we encourage you to read the Insurance PDF or call Travel Insured at 1-866-684-0218 and specify you are calling about Sixthman Travel Protection.
Enroll in automatic billing, and relax knowing that your future payments will be made automatically. When you book, we'll calculate an even monthly payment plan and you'll choose the day of the month you want your payments to be processed. It's that easy! Be sure to read the Automatic Billing FAQs for the answers to all your questions.
The Rock Boat XVIII is run “festival style,” with multiple shows going on simultaneously. All of these shows are general admission, so you’re welcome to come and go as you wish!
There are performances where capacity is limited, however the artists perform multiple times during the cruise.